1911 PISTOL COURSE
1-DAY | $255
PAY NOW $255
PayPal account is not required. Select “Pay with Debit or Credit Card” option.
This course is designed to give the student a solid foundation on how to properly use the 1911 style pistol system as compared to other striker fired or double action semi-auto pistols.
This course is based on the modern transition course taught to law enforcement / military Special Operators that carry the 1911 as their primary pistol. This course will give students the knowledge and skills needed to properly manipulate and safely operate the 1911 style pistol and its unique external features in a defensive shooting environment.
This course is a must for anyone considering the use of the 1911 pistol as their defensive weapon of choice and may meet the training criteria Law Enforcement agencies require, before allowing their personnel to deploy the 1911 style handgun for duty use. Integrated into the live fire portion of the course will be specific drills focused on proper manipulations of the 1911 style handgun. These manipulations include the use of the mechanical thumb safety, grip safety, slide stop/release, and malfunction clearances. Also covered in this course will be detailed disassembly, care, cleaning and maintenance specific to the 1911 pistol.
For information contact Clint Achziger 909.477.0156 or Clint@sendef.com
Formal training on a self-loading semi-automatic handgun from a recognized civilian firearms school, basic law enforcement handgun training, basic military handgun training. (Familiarization Training or Fam Fire) will not meet the prerequisite training requirement. This is not an entry level course.
Students provide 400 rounds of ammunition
- Serviceable 1911 pistol
- 400 rounds of ammunition
- (4) or more pistol magazines
- Outside the waistband (OWB) holster specific to your 1911 style handgun. No SERPA CQC or BlackHawk holsters designed for multiple handguns or generic soft nylon type holsters
- At least (2) single or (1) double magazine pouch(es) that will retain equipment when moving
- Proper belt to support equipment
- Hearing protection
- Ballistically rated eye protection
- Note pad, and pen/pencil
- Clothing suited to strenuous activity as well as being seasonally appropriate
- Rain gear / cold weather gear (seasonal)
- Tools that work on your weapon
- Weapons lube
- Water hydrating device
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Gloves (optional)
- Folding chair (optional)
- An open mind
Please see our recommended industry partners for your equipment needs
Gates open at 8:00. Class starts at 8:30. There will be a 1-hour lunch break.