PISTOL MOUNTED OPTICS INSTRUCTOR COURSE
CA POST Certified
2-DAY | $500
This CA POST-certified course provides trainers with the information and hands-on experience needed to effectively instruct Law Enforcement Officers in using a Pistol Mounted Optics – Red Dot Sight (RDS). Topics covered in this course include but are not limited to; RDS operations, technical data, mounting platform issues, presentation of the pistol (draw stroke refinement), dot movement, target focus concept, zeroing considerations, transitions, diagnosis and correction of student inefficiencies, training curriculum development, and policy considerations.
Active Duty Law Enforcement Officer / Rangemaster, designated by their agency as a Firearms Instructor / Rangemaster. This is not an entry-level / user / transition course. This course focuses on how to teach the RDS system, and students must have prior formal RDS training/experience with solid skills.
If you do not have a solid skill base, you will be asked to leave the class, and your tuition will not be refunded.
To register for this course, please select the “Register” button below. For questions, contact via email: Clint@sendef.com or call 909.477.0156.
Students provide 600 rounds of ammunition
- Permanent marker
- A pair of inexpensive safety glasses
- Serviceable duty pistol with a mounted RDS Optic and suppressor height iron sights
- 600 rounds of ammunition
- (3) or more pistol magazines
- Duty holster and duty belt
- ABSOLUTELY, NO Blackhawk SERPA CQC holsters or trigger finger-activated release holsters
- Hearing protection
- Ballistic-rated eye protection
- Notepad and pen/pencil
- Clothing suited to strenuous activity as well as being seasonally appropriate.
- Rain gear / cold weather gear (seasonal)
- Tools that work on your weapon
- Weapons lube
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Gloves (optional)
- Folding chair (optional)
Please see our recommended industry partners for your equipment needs
Gates open at 8:00. Class starts at 8:30. There will be a 1-hour lunch break.