PISTOL MOUNTED OPTICS (RDS) TRANSITION COURSE
(CA POST CERT) 2-DAY | $375
The pistol-mounted optics, Red Dot Sight (RDS) transition course is a comprehensive 2-day (16-hour) class geared to successfully transitioning the Law Enforcement Officer to the pistol-mounted (RDS) Red Dot Sight system.
Students will learn the features of the various RDS optics as well as the operation of the RDS optic, including proper zeroing and routine maintenance. The class will cover the advantages of the RDS. Dry practice, as well as live fire drills, will help the student develop the proper techniques to transition from multiple focal plane shooting to single focal plane target-focused shooting. The student will also learn occluded optic alternatives and single-hand manipulations, including reloading and malfunction clearances.
Prerequisite: Active Duty Law Enforcement Officer
To register for this course, please select the “Register” button below. For questions, contact via email: Clint@sendef.com or call 909.477.0156.
Students provide 600 rounds of ammunition.
- Serviceable duty pistol with a mounted RDS Optic and suppressor height iron sights
- 600 rounds of ammunition
- (3) or more pistol magazines
- Duty holster and duty belt
- ABSOLUTELY, NO Blackhawk SERPA CQC holsters or trigger finger-activated release holsters
- Hearing protection
- Ballistic-rated eye protection
- Notepad, and pen/pencil
- Clothing suited to strenuous activity as well as being seasonally appropriate.
- Rain gear / cold weather gear (seasonal)
- Tools that work on your weapon
- Weapons lube
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Gloves (optional)
- Folding chair (optional)
Please see our recommended industry partners for your equipment needs
Gates open at 8:00. Class starts at 8:30. There will be a 1-hour lunch break.