VEHICLE DEFENSE (LE ONLY)
2-DAY | $600
Vehicle stops are one of the most frequent interactions peace officers have with the public. They also put officers at a significant risk of being injured or killed by criminal offenders. This course is for patrol officers, gang officers, crime impact teams or detectives who conduct vehicle stops for investigative purposes.
The “Vehicle Defense” course is a 2-day format concentrating on the tactics to fight in/out and around vehicles. Topics covered in this class are vehicle approaches, cover vs concealment, counter ambush techniques, ballistics, auto-glass composition and the effects of angled fire. A strong emphasis will be placed on developing and imprinting proper techniques under pressure.
Range drills will include conventional and unconventional shooting positions, passenger/driver side ambushes, use of cover, movement, support hand shooting, transitions as well as multiple target engagements. It is recommended that the student bring knee pads, elbow pads and suitable foot wear for movement”.
This is NOT an entry level course, students should have a solid foundation in the fundamentals of marksmanship, weapon manipulations and a proper mindset.
For information contact Clint Achziger 909.477.0156 or Clint@sendef.com
Active Duty Law Enforcement Only
Class starts at 8:00. There will be a 1-hour lunch break.
Students provide 300 rounds of rifle ammunition and 300 rounds of pistol ammunition
- Serviceable carbine in good working order
- Serviceable handgun
- 300 rounds of pistol ammunition
- 300 rounds of rifle ammunition
- (3) or more rifle magazines
- (2) or more pistol magazines
- 1 or 2-point sling
- At least (1) magazine pouch that will retain equipment when moving
- Proper belt to support equipment (leather or tactical belt type 1 ½ W or 1 ¾ W)
- Outside the waistband (OWB) pistol holster
- Hearing protection
- Ballistic rated eye protection
- Note pad, and pen/pencil
- Clothing suited to strenuous activity as well as being seasonally appropriate
- Rain gear / cold weather gear (seasonal)
- Weapons lube
- Cleaning kit
- Water hydrating device
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Gloves (optional)
- Folding chair (optional)
- An open mind